The menstrual cup has come to revolutionize the market for women’s intimate hygiene. In fact, a large majority of buyers regret not having launched to buy this product much earlier. It may be cumbersome at first, but once you get the hang of it, it’s very possible that you’ll say goodbye to pads and tampons for good. In addition, your pocket will also thank you. There are cups for all ages, even for the first menstruation. In this comparison of the best menstrual cups we tell you the aspects that you have to take into account before acquiring one,
How to choose the best menstrual cup?
How to choose the size of the menstrual cup?
The choice of menstrual cup size is usually determined by the amount of flow.
There are times that either because of the amount of sport that is done or because you have already given birth, the size may not be common for other women.
The equivalence of menstrual cup sizes is A is S, B is M and C is L.
Shape of the menstrual cup
You will see in the models that we have presented there are several shapes, the most common the cups or cone.
Wide, narrow, there are all shapes.
As a personal recommendation, you can start with a narrower shape in glass, you will adjust depending on your period.
Menstrual cup flexibility
Rigid or flexible, one is not better than another, they simply adapt to the lifestyle of each woman.
As mentioned several times, a woman who practices sports in a regular way is not the same as a more sedentary one, or one who already has two or three children to a woman who is not yet a mother.
Best Overall Menstrual Cup
This menstrual cup from DIVA CUP is overall the best menstural cup you can find on the market. Made of silicone material which is great and eco-firendly plus it suitable for mild-heavy flo, though you will need to empty your Diva Cup a few more times during the day if you have your heavy day.
The learning curve of the Diva Cup can be challenging, but I think it’s worth it. I wish every woman would try menstrual cups, but I understand it can be intimidating. I give it two thumbs up and hope to use it in the coming years. If you’re still not convinced, check out online reviews. Almost everyone who uses the Diva Cup loves it.
- Has no odor and can be used for up to 12 hours with no leaks if you put it correctly
- captures MUCH more flow than the average tampon and pad
- It contains no chlorine, dyes, dyes, or additives like pads and tampons, which can have a negative effect on your body in the long run.
- It is antibacterial and reusable, which means it does not contribute to landfills.
- It is comfortable for active women. I went for a run, did yoga and did a gym workout with my Diva Cup and had no problems.
- It helps you control your menstrual flow. This can be important for women who need to monitor their cycles more closely every month.
- It is long-lasting. Some Diva Cup users have had theirs for almost a decade, saving you
Best Reusabe Menstrual Cup
Best Budget Menstrual Cup For Beginners
If you’re looking for a budget alternative of menstrual cup or it;s your first time trying mestrual cup and would like having the cheaper ver before spending 30 bucks on it, This Leya Menstrual cup is best bet for its price range.
- It comes in a set. Two different sizes of cup made of medical silicone.
- Holds up to 12 hours for perfect protection during the day.
- Ecofriendly: Lifespan up 10 years with proper care
- It’s very affordable
- A little firmer, which can make them a little more difficult to insert
Best Soft Menstrual Cup
Among of many good brands of menstrual cups, Saalt cups is the best menstrual cup kit for beginners. It’s a perfect alternative if you just switch your tampon or sanitary pads into this new world.
- Ideal for athletes or with little sensitivity in the bladder.
- Medical grade silicone to prevent allergic reactions.
- Available in two types of flexibility.
- Not suitable for low cervix
- It is more expensive than other menstrual cups of other brands
Best Menstrual Cups for Heavy Flow
It’s a very firm cup, which makes it easy to insert and open with fewer chances of leakage. And it comes in fun color choices.
- Have an average-high cervix
- Are very active and fit
- Are a first-time cup user
- Have had issues with cups slipping during wear
- Have had issues with cups not opening fully
It’s not the best cup if you’ve had bladder pressure with other cups or have a low cervix.
The Best Organic Period Cup
The vaginal cup is made of medical grade silicone that is safe for your body.
Reusable menstrual cup to save money.
Reusable, which makes it considered as respectful with the planet and an ecological menstrual cup.
You can buy two sizes, size A and size B.
It is an emptyable menstrual cup like the several brands of the best menstrual cups that we have informed you in this article.
As a tip, do not be afraid to insert your fingers to be able to place the vaginal cup as high as possible.
- It does not give off strong odors.
- It is pleasant to the touch.
- Somewhat stiff at first.
The Best Menstrual Cup For Beginners
The LilIntimina Cup One menstrual cup is a great option when it comes to becoming your first menstrual cup. It is very small and has a double edge that prevents menstrual flow losses. It incorporates an extraction ring and you can reuse it for up to ten years. Made of medical silicone, it is free of chemical elements.
- Pros: According to the opinions of buyers, it is the best product they have used for menstruation. It has a very good value for money. It is very practical and comfortable.
- Cons: At first, it can be complicated to put. You have to invest a little time in sterilizing it between periods.
Best Latex-Free Menstrual Cup
Best Leak-Proof Period Cup
Best Cup For Easy Removal
Best Period Cup For Higher Cervix
Best Girls Menstrual Cup
Best Cup With Long Stem
Comfortable, feels like wearing nothing!
If you are looking for a recommended menstrual cup for novice users, this product is worth considering. However, this product can also be used by those who are experienced. The Lena Cup is designed to make you feel comfortable, as if you were not wearing a menstrual cup.
Unlike other brands, Lena Cup does not use age and birth history in the product selection guide. This brand recommends Small size for normal flow and Big size for heavy flow. Apart from freeing you from the risk of leaking, this product is safe for use by owners of sensitive bladders.
How to put the menstrual cup?
Placing a menstrual cup is very simple, even if at first it may be a strange sensation to be new, follow these steps:
- Wash your hands
- Folding the menstrual cup
- Insert it completely into the vagina.
- Once inside, the vaginal cup will return to its original shape and will have a vacuum effect.
- After the recommended maximum 12 hours.
- Press the base to break the vacuum that forms with the air and extract.
- Wash with clean water.
- Before and after each period sterilize the menstrual cup.
How to clean the menstrual cup?
To clean a vaginal cup, follow the instructions below:
- In case there is little use, use water.
- To sterilize menstrual cup, simply introduce it in boiling water and then let it dry.
- Review the number of uses the manufacturer recommends.